Friday, December 27, 2013

7 Core Beliefs at the Heart of Being a Witch

I'm alive ♥
I'll admit, I haven't been doing too well, but today I'm feeling quite uplifted and decided to read and do some work out of a chapter in "The Goddess is in the Details" by Deborah Blake and decided to do a post on it.

Chapter 2 is about the 7 core beliefs that's at the heart of our beliefs for most wiccans. At the end of the chapter is a "Something to do/try" which asks the reader to examine how they shape your actions or even the way you look at the world.

I thought I would share these beliefs, my thoughts, and ask for yours. Feel free to share 1, 2, or all your answers for each one. I'd love to hear the comparison. For me, some answers overlap. Maybe it's the same for you, maybe not. Either way, I hope you choose to share! let's continue.

The Wiccan Rede- "An it harm none, Do as Ye Will"
This is one that means a lot to me. Although I'm not quite through it all yet, this fundamental belief has helped me walk away from a lot of self destructive behaviors as I know that "harm none" applies of course not just to others, but to myself as well.

What you put out is what you get back: The Law of Returns
This one has definitely made me more mindful in my actions. Careful to weigh the consequences of my actions, and to think before I do.

Personal Responsibility, Free Will for All
I have learned to be more responsible for myself, of course, but also learned to adapt the life changing attitude that I cannot change others, I can only change myself and how I respond to the actions of others.

As Above, So Below: Words Have Power
This goes back to being mindful. Awareness in everything I do, and what I put out into the world.

Magick is Real, and We can Use it to Bring about Positive Change
This has really been a revelation. Now, I don't believe in using magick for "quick fixes". In fact, I don't use it very often. But when I do, it has been very powerful and has made astounding changes for me. This has given me such a greater sense of control of my life, and really put me "in the driver's set", so to speak.

We are a Part of Nature
This one has changed the way I treat my environment, and how I feel about the way others treat the environment. I feel so differently about the way I look at the world when I step outside, or even just glance out the window.

The Divine is in Everything
This goes back a bit to the previous answer. I have such a greater reverence for nature, and even for others, and also myself. Really, the whole world around me. Something as simple as feeling the warmth of the sun or seeing the light of the moon is an uplifting, divine experience for me at this point.   

So that's my list. Again, I'd love to hear your answers. You can answer all, you can answer one.
And I'd like to say, it was very nice to be writing to you all again! ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *